Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Gilbert pronounced: jilbear

Traveling up the narrow winding road of chemin de la prouveresse into cabris a tiny village with its only claim to fame being Exupery (Little prince).. saw this tiny dilapadated cottage (if I can even call it a cottage).. me to g- hey you should buy this place and remodel it.
g- Gilbert still stays here and he's not going anywhere
me- How can anyone stay here
g- Gilbert's kept it this way since his wife died..he isn't concerned with too much that goes on around him.. he does odd jobs in the village when he needs some money, uses dishwashing liquid to clean his few cups and occasionally himself and when he's hard pressed (puns intended) he goes down to Cannes and picks up the petit russians or czechs and he's happy that way.
Its funny how we stress so much about everything..sometimes I wish I could be like Gilbert (apart from the occasional bathing) completely carefree!

No comments:

Post a Comment